Chorus auditions for the 2017/2018 season
Auditions for the full 2017-2018 season are now closed.
Please check back in December for possible mid-season openings.
For additional information, please email email@example.com
(Please put the word Audition in the subject line.)
Upcoming 2017/2018 Carnegie Hall Concerts
Monday, Nov 6, 2017, 8:00 pm
Johannes Brahms Ein deutsches Requiem and Schicksalslied
Monday, Dec 18, 2017, 8:00 pm
George Frideric Handel Messiah
Monday, May 7, 2018, 8:00 pm
Paul Moravec Sanctuary Road (world premiere)
Behzad Ranjbaran We Are One (world premiere)
Thank you for your interest in joining the Oratorio Society of New York. Please note these member policies carefully, as they may influence your decision whether or not to audition.
- Members are expected to participate in all of the concerts for the season.
- Rehearsals are on Thursday evenings and some Saturday afternoons from September through May. Members are expected to attend rehearsals regularly. Excessive absences are referred to the Music Director and may result in a re-audition.
Regular rehearsals are held on Thursday evenings on 88th Street between 1st & 2nd, from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Members are expected to work on note learning and text pronunciation independently so that rehearsal time can be devoted to interpreting and shaping the music.
- Dues are $175 for the season or any part thereof. Part or all of the dues may be waived in cases of financial hardship.
- Every member is responsible for selling 6 tickets to every concert.
If you have any questions about these policies, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org before requesting an audition. (Please put the word Audition in the subject line.)
Already a chorus member? Click here to log-in.