THE LYNDON WOODSIDE ORATORIO-SOLO COMPETITION
rules and Application
- Applicant’s birth date must fall on or after January 1, 1978.
- Application deadline is February 1, 2018.
- Nonrefundable application fee is $30.
- Late entries are accepted until February 15, 2018—for a fee of $50.
- An accompanist will be provided at the semifinals and finals at no charge to you. You may provide your own pianist if desired, at your own expense.
- Applicants who have made an oratorio debut in Carnegie Hall or another major New York City venue are not eligible.
- Past 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners of the Lyndon Woodside Oratorio-Solo Competition are not eligible.
Submit the following with your application
- Two audio-recording files—see application for repertoire details.
- One-page professional resume.
- Digital headshot photograph.
- Nonrefundable application fee.
- Photocopy of proof of age—driver’s license or passport.
The competition will be held in March and April, culminating in a competition concert on April 14, 2018 in Weill Recital Hall (881 7th Avenue at Carnegie Hall).